The annual Booksin Walkathon is BESCA’s main fundraiser, with students walking around a track laid out on the school’s lawn.
This year’s Walkathon is on October 13.
With income that approached $200,000 last year, the Walkathon helped fund augmented arts, music and technology activities, library books, school assemblies, field trips, and classroom materials. Last year alone, Booksin spent $60,000 on new student computers and technology teaching tools.
How does the Walkathon
- Student Pledges: Student pledges are the largest portion of our Walkathon income, accounting for more than $120,000 last year. The recommended goal is $200 per student.
- Silent Auction: The silent auction features awesome gifts, great vacation getaways, and wine.
- Marketplace: The Marketplace features breakfast snacks, Booksin merchandise and special “Fun with Friends” experiences hosted by parents just like you.
- Teacher Fun Drawing: Buy tickets for a chance for your child to spend priceless time with his/her teacher while participating in a fun activity!
How can I help?
- Buy a t-shirt
- Donate something to the silent auction, like a gift basket, an item, some service, a stay in a vacation home, etc.
- Host a “Fun With Friends” experience.
- Donate soda or sports drinks to help keep the kids hydrated.
- Volunteer! We ask each family to volunteer for at least one shift during the event.